|Photo By: Love Laughter & Decor|
Just in time for Thanksgiving, a pumpkin cake recipe that's sure to be a hit at your dessert table!
This cake not only looks good, but tastes delicious too!
Last year, I made this adorable cake for my mother's birthday. Being that she is a lover of all things pumpkin, I thought it was the perfect match. I found a two ingredient pumpkin cake recipe online and made some minor adjustments/tweaks (seen below). I also wanted the cake to be more festive, so I turned the "normal" bundt cake into a sitting pumpkin.
* Please note: If you want your pumpkin to appear more round you could use two stacked bunt cakes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Pumpkin Cake Recipe
- 1 - Box Duncan Hines French Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 - 15oz Can of Pumpkin
- 3 - Eggs
- 1/2 Cup - Cinnamon Applesauce
- 1/2 tsp - Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 tsp - Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup - Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together ingredients (in the order as they appear).
- Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool, and then frost.
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 8 oz - Cream Cheese (room temp.)
- 1 stick - Unsalted Butter (room temp.)
- 2 cups - Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 tsp - Vanilla Extract
- Place cream cheese in a large bowl; fold in butter. Gradually add (sifted) confectioner's sugar. Mix on low/medium until well blended. Add vanilla extract (add more or less until you achieve desired taste).
Royal Icing Leaves & Vines
- 3 tbsp. - Meringue Powder
- 4 cups - Confectioner's Sugar
- 6 tbsp. - Warm Water
- Mix ingredients with a heavy duty mixer for about 10 minutes. When mixture is smooth and shiny your done!
- Ice Cream Cone
- Melting Chocolate
- Melt chocolate, then dip cone. Use a knife to smooth chocolate onto cone (I used the serrated side of the knife to make lines on the cone. I felt this gave the stem a more realistic appearance).
Joining These Wonderful Parties: